August 18, 2010

Incompetent adults eating fudge pops

Below is one of the warnings on the kids' inflatable toys. I laughed at how it goes beyond suggesting "adult supervision" and moves right to "competent supervision..." which, by that token, most likely disqualifies me and most of my friends.

Recently, I bought some low-calorie fudge pops and I understand the need to list the allergen info and the excessive consumption warning (yowie).  But check out what's between those two warnings:
Apparently, there's a legal requirement to disclose what I naturally assume stems from the popular Supreme Court case Chocolate Fudge Pop v. Winter Flagpole ruling.

Photobucket

8 comments:

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I stopped reading 'warning' labels long ago. Remember the warning on Olestra products??

Unknown said...

roflmao... I so needed that laugh! thanks!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Mandy England said...

Haha, your blog posts are the best! :]

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

hahahaaaaaaaaaaa!
I got my tongue stuck to my fudge pop the other night...I didn't see any warnings on the box. I wonder if I can get in on some money.

Into Ablivia said...

Funny! I love how you read labels. I never even notice they are on the box half the time.

Sara D. said...

LOVE it. I too am learning that product info can be quite entertaining!!

Hey, you left a comment on my blog about those laminated tags...I have to tell you, I COMPLETELY thought of you when I was making those (I used a font in word and scrapbook paper...very LOW end). Anyway, I actually ordered some for my kids backpacks from an etsy vendor, but I checked your store to see if you offered any, because I would have bought them right up!! You seriously have the best designs--your style is incredible!!

ShirleyC said...

Those are funny, but I really like the warning about the "laxative effect." LOL

Amy said...

That is awesome! Are people really that stupid?? Crazyness! :)