March 15, 2010

"W" is for "Wonky"

At age four, Wavey already has this thing for fashion.  What I've been offering up lately hasn't been "pretty enough" or "twirly enough."  And if the day's attire choices doesn't have the option for tights, then prepare for a meltdown.  The irony is that I would hardly call myself fashion-conscious so where she gets this minor obsession with her outward appearance is a bit of a mystery. 

In any case, I couldn't get her to wear a little white sweater I recently bought.  "It's too plain!" she whined.  So I whipped up a few quick stitches and despite it's wonkiness (hey, not bad for complete free-hand and lack of general embroidery know-how!), she now loves her newly monogrammed sweater.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Amy said...

What a good mommy you are!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Super cute - you aim to please!

Two Little Tots said...

so cute of you...great job! and i am so happy she likes it now...girls!

Into Ablivia said...

I feel your pain. Abby has a drawer full of cute leggings and pants- never to be worn. She wants to wear the same dress and tights EVERY day. I am sure her teachers think she only owns 2 dresses! I have to admit- I have slowed down on washing all her laundry so fast that way she actually is forced to wear something else!

Melissa said...

How cute are you? The things we do for our daughters, right?

Unknown said...

Cute sweater! And my daughter is the SAME way! She only wants to wear dresses and even at that, they have to be "just right" and "just pretty" enough and the right tights have to be clean too! Great idea though! I will have to keep that in mind!

ThatsWhatSheSaid said...

I'm going to say she must get it from her Auntie :) Do as she says and put the kid in some cute clothes! Dresses and skirts are always preferable!